Jem Monday Publishing
Please address questions, concerns and complaints to email@example.com
DEFINITION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We define personal information as meaning information about an identifiable individual, such as someone’s name, home address, phone number, email, gender, personal preferences, and personal comments posted on forums.
We state the purpose of collecting personal information when it is requested. We collect personal information for the following purposes:
- To communicate with you through our website, newsletters, and email.
Limits to Collection, Use, Disclosure and Retention of Personal Information
- We will only collect and use personal information that is necessary to fulfill the purposes identified in this policy.
- We will not collect, use or disclose personal information except for the identified purposes above unless we received further consent.
- We will only collect, use or disclose personal information in accordance with PIPA.
- We will keep personal information used to make a decision affecting you for at least one year after using it to make the decision.
- Subject to the above one-year retention requirement, we will only retain personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the identified purposes above or as long as required for a legal or business purpose.
- We will destroy, erase or make anonymous documents or other records containing personal information as soon as it is reasonable to assume that the original purpose is no longer being served by retention of the information and retention is no longer necessary for a legal or business purpose.
- We will take due care when destroying personal information so as to prevent unauthorized access to the information.
We will obtain your consent to collect, use or disclose your personal information, except where we are legally authorized or required by law to do so without consent. For example, we may collect, use or disclose your personal information without your knowledge or consent where:
- The information is publicly available, as defined by statute or regulation;
- We are obtaining legal advice;
- We reasonably expect that obtaining consent would compromise an investigation or proceeding; and
- We are permitted to by law.
Your consent may be provided orally, in writing, electronically or through inaction. Your consent is implied when it is obvious that we are collecting, using or disclosing personal information and when you voluntarily provide personal information for that obvious purpose.
Your consent may be implied, express or provided by an authorized individual depending on the nature and sensitivity of the personal information.
You may withdraw your consent at any time by giving us reasonable notice, subject to legal, contractual and other obligations. If we receive notice of withdrawal of consent, we will inform you of the likely consequences of withdrawing consent, which may include our inability to provide certain goods or services for which that information is necessary.
SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We protect personal information by implementing reasonable security arrangements to prevent against risks such as unauthorized access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification or disposal of personal information. We will use reasonably secure methods whenever destroying personal information.
The protection and security of personal information cannot be guaranteed when it is submitted via email or other wireless communication.
We will make reasonable efforts to ensure that the personal information we collect, use or disclose is accurate and complete.
Please notify us with corrections if there are any errors or omissions in your personal information. We will correct the personal information as soon as reasonably possible upon confirmation of the error or omission. We will, as soon as reasonably possible, update your personal information with authorized third parties.
You have right to access your personal information held by Jem Monday Publishing Inc.
Your request for access must be made in writing and we may require individuals to prove their identity before giving them access to their personal information for security reasons.
Upon request and authentication of identity, we will provide information about the ways in which your personal information is or has been used, and the names of the individuals and organizations to which their personal information has been disclosed.
PIPA allows us to charge a “minimal” fee for providing you with access to your personal information. If a fee is required, we will give you a written fee estimate in advance.
We will provide requested personal information within 30 business days after it is requested or you will give written notice if you need more time to respond.
In some cases, we may not give you access to certain personal information where authorized or required by PIPA to refuse access. If we refuse your access request, we will tell you in writing, stating the reasons for your refusal and outlining further steps that are available to you (including any internal review by your organization and the right to ask the Office of the Information and Privacy Commissioner for British Columbia to review the decision).
Complaints can be sent firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint, you can complain to the Office of the Information and Privacy Commissioner for British Columbia.